1. Microsoft develops a Linux OS: This is not a joke. Really. Some think hell froze over.
2. Ubuntu recovers its ability to produce customized live images: The feature that many people miss from newer Ubuntu releases is finally back thanks to Pinguy Builder.
3. OLPC has met a sad end: I guess corporate influence had nothing to do with it.
4. I've met more Linux users than ever and even saw the name "Linux" displayed next to a smart TV in a printed advertisement of a mainstream seller here.
And now, a trick for those who, like me, have had problems with the newest Firefox, who refuses to obey its localization and language pack:
a. Install language packs
b. Add the add-on: a small colored notice will appear in the upper right corner. Click on it and then click to add.
c. Enabling. From Firefox 59 on:
- Type about:config in the addres bar
- Create a new string with this name:
- Finish it with the appropriate value (fr-FR, es-ES,...)