miércoles, 4 de mayo de 2011

Congratulations, antiX! Well Done!

As soon as I could, I downloaded and burned my copy of antiX M-11 because I was very impressed with this distro some time ago, when I tried it:

- antiX picked up my wired connection effortlessly.
- I could browse the Web without any issues.
- I could play MP4 videos and MP3 audio files.
- I could mount my other Linux partitions
- I could mount my XP partition

In my review of a test release of antiX M-11, I had encountered a problem, though: Gnomebaker couldn't burn any media. It seemed that my DVD drives weren't compatible either with Gnomebaker or with the kernel. Whatever it was, burning didn't work on antiX for me.

Now, let me say that again. Burning DIDN'T work. I am stressing the past tense because now antiX DOES use my DVD drives perfectly. I slid a blank CD just to try and used Xfburn (I didn't see Gnomebaker this time) to select and burn my antiX iso from another partition. I encountered no issues during the process and the CD burned fine.



The result? I am 100% satisfied with antiX and will install it this weekend. Very well done, antiX community! Also, I will give away my extra antiX live CD so that another person can try it!

5 comentarios:

  1. Nice to see you using (your translated) Spanish desktop :)

    Happy to hear that the burning issue has now been sorted. gnomebaker was replaced by xfburn and there is another burner included called cdw.

    Enjoy antiX!

    anticapitalista

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Megatotoro, you must be happy! You have a great distro, you can enjoy part of your work as a translator, and anticapitalista came here to visit!

    ;-)

    Linus certainly has a human side I never saw in that other OS...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. @Anticapitalista

    Thanks! You bet I'll enjoy it!

    One special feature I really like of antiX is that the two releases I've downloaded taught me something about history...Naming each release after remarkable men and women of the past certainly gives a special touch and identity to antiX.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hey Megatotoro, you must be happy! You have a great distro, you can enjoy part of your work as a translator, and anticapitalista came here to visit!

    ;-)

    LinuX (with an X of antiX) certainly has a human side I never saw in that other OS...

    Sorry about the typo before. Heee, cut me some slack, will you? I've just come from a battle with the twelve-headed monster! :-P

    ResponderEliminar
  5. @Mechatotoro,
    I am indeed! You are right: Linux turns computing into a truly human experience. Besides, knowing that incredibly knowledgeable people (like Eric from Nocturnal Slacker or Anticapitalista, who is the developer of a great Linux distro) would visit my humble blog was beyond my imagination when I started it. I have to thank you for talking me into blogging about my Linux experiences.

    ResponderEliminar