martes, 30 de diciembre de 2014

How to Fix the "A Weird Start Job Is Running..." Delay on Pardus 2.0

I decided to upgrade my Pardus 2.0 system.  After a long time downloading and installing the updates, I booted my system into the new Pardus with its 3.16 kernel.

Everything went fine, except for one thing: while booting, I noticed a message I had never seen before.  It was something like:


A start job is running for dev-disk-by (a long string of numbers here,
followed by the time count: x/1min30sec)
 
Fortunately, it actually lasted the one minute with 30 seconds it announced, but that made my boot time longer than 2 minutes!

Thanks to this Arch Linux forum, I could find the answer.  Basically, I had to edit the etc/fstab file to make it accurately point to my swap partition.  In my case, /dev/sda2.  

That took care of the issue and now my Pardus system boots normally.

Oh, and the upgrade seems to have fixed Steam.  Now I can play Violett again!  :P

1 comentario:

  1. Interesting. I think I might have hit that boulder like two years ago while installing Mandriva 2011.

    So your Steam client is fixed? Good for you! Are you going to re-play Violett and finish the game again? :P

    ResponderEliminar