miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

Never Alone...Thanks to Pisi Linux!

I had bought the game Never Alone: Kisima Inŋitchuŋa last December.  However, it was impossible for me to download the game for Steam in spite of all my efforts.  Then, after some more struggle, I got my money back.  It was too bad because I really wanted to play that game.

Then, my brother sent me a copy as a gift.  However, I ran into the same problem: although I tried to download the game on several of my distros, I got 0 kb of 0 kb downloaded and my client reported the process as completed.

I got the impression that the problem was with the architecture of my distros: all are Debian based.  That was weird because Ubuntu, the distro that Steam supports, is also from the Debian family.

My last card was Pisi Linux, my only current distro that is not from the family of Debian.  But I hit another obstacle: Pisi 1 does not have Steam among its packages!

Fortunately, there is a way to install it: You open a terminal and enter:


sudo pisi bi https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pisilinux/pisilife/master/steam/pspec.xml

Then, you type your admin password.

To install the package:

 sudo pisi it *pisi

Soon enough, I got Steam downloaded.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't start from the icon.  Before giving up hope, I tried running Steam from a terminal...

Great!  It showed me that Steam was asking for permission to download updates.  Once the permission was granted, a big download took place.  

Then, crossing my fingers, I clicked on the button to download the game...

BINGO!!!  The 2.5 GB download started!!!!

After that download finished, could I play the game?

YES!!!  This is the screenshot:




THANKS A LOT, PISI!!!

1 comentario:

  1. Your journey to play the game looks like Nuna's :P

    It's good you can play that beautiful game at last.

    ResponderEliminar